Tuesday 28 September 2010

Cheer Up, this is my 101 blogging.....

Painter's here today again.  The tiler has gone and he has left behind a wonderful job.  So pleased with his work. Meanwhile, it is cold again (snow at low lying areas today and tonight) and we are restricted to the craft room and the workshop - so sad (not!).

This is for a challenge with Auld Sentiments  - Challenge #11 "Cheer Up" and for Digital Delights "Make it Sparkle" (there are three pearls shining away there!).


I used a digital image from Digital Delight's (Lenny the Lion), and coloured it with Copics before I used a Cuttlebug and Nestabilities Labels 4.  The sentiment is from WMS ( Sayings) and the card used is from SU (Melon Mambo and Chocolate Chip).  There are also some Kaiser pearls. The base card is a piece of shiny Bazzil in an off white colour.

Sue (Tillymint) at A Consuming Passion issued a bit of a challenge the other day - using 3D decoupage from and gave this link here to find the images.  This is what  I created. The image is by Beci Brindley 2009. Again I used an embossing folder in the Cuttlebug, some bling and some scrap ribbon but the flower is printed on shiny white card and then fussy cut and layered up.  The whole is layered onto some SU Pacific Blue card and put onto a commercial blank. I loved Sue's card - hope this one is OK, Sue?

7 comments:

Anita said...

The lion card is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Audrey said...

Super cute! I love that lion. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Ruthie said...

Hey Susan! Love this card - that lion is just adorable!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

Rx

Julie said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
Hugs
Julie

Anonymous said...

Your lion card is adorable - I love how you placed the sentiment on the card and the Albert Einstein verse is so true.

I really like the color combination you used on the second card and the touch of rhinestones really makes this card sparkle.

I'm glad you were able to join us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again for our next challenge!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh how did I miss this card!!!!! Gorgeous aren't they......My friend Kerrie has lots of them downloaded ready to play with.......think we might start a craze!!!

Monica said...

This card is a stunner!

xxx Monica