Sunday 5 September 2010

Happy Father's Day

To all the Dads out there.  Hope it's a good one - although if you live in Australia today, the chances are it will be a wet one! Poor Christchurch: no rain yet but an earthquake - such a pretty city to have such a horrible thing happen and so lucky that no-one was killed. My good wishes go out to anyone who comes from New Zealand and particularly to those from Christchurch.

Well, I have completed another card in between moving out of the kitchen and setting up a camp kitchen in the back bedroom. I am going to enter it in the Aud Sentiment Challenge #10 - to use the words 'Best Wishes' as a sentiment.  I saw this unusual fold card on someone's blog (cannot remember who) and decided to use it and to ink up some Waltzing Mouse Stamps for this.  I have been seeing people use WMS stamps to create background papers, so decided to do this using some scrap yellow spotty paper and the Picnic stamp set.



I chose the colours grey and yellow because Annabelle Stamps  has them as a "Say it in..." Challenge colour combo, so will enter this. My centrepiece uses another WMS  stamp from a set called Victorian Fripperie.  I highlighted the sections with some gold Smooch (lovely stuff) and sponged SU Apricot Appeal ink around the edges and in the middle, after I cut it out with a Nestability circle using the Cuttlebug. The background ink was SU Basic Grey and the circle was Memento London Fog. The card is Bazzil Grey.  The front edge was another scrap of yellow paper stamped with a  WMS Picnic stamp and I added three apricot stickles from Annabelle Stamps. Then some bright yellow ribbon, and a piece of stamped paper inside to complete the card.


This is the card on it's side so you can see the folds better. . 

4 comments:

Julie said...

Very pretty card. Love the color combo. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

Audrey said...

What a beautiful project! I love the design! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Tiffany said...

gorgeous card! thank you for playing along over at annabelle stamps blog!

Andrea said...

This is beautiful Susan, I don't think I've seen this fold before! Amazing job using those colours!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea