Google+ Followers

Friday, February 22, 2013

Embossing

Just playing with the new Stampin' Up embossing folders and stamps that have arrived in the last few months and not been used yet.  Tried to use only SU products here. 

There are so many thing you can do that is called embossing.  In the first one I have stamped the flowers Pleasant Poppies with StayzOn Timber Brown onto Whisper White, coloured them up using the SU pens and a waterpen and then when dried, smooched over the top with the embossing pen and some clear embossing powder.  I forgot to wipe the pen clean after doing the flower tops so some of my stems have a pink look too!  I then tried to die cut a top on the image but ruined it, so ended up putting it in the Tulip embossing folder and cutting it to a smaller fit.  Rubbed some blue ink over it to make it look like sky behind the flowers. I tried several ribbons on the top and eventually settled on the big red satin one (not SU) and added a small tag, stamped with a sentiment from Silhouette Sentiments and a small flower from the same set - I used the pens to ink up the stamps. 



Poppies after first colouring them up - top two have been embossed



This shows the completed card - if doing this again I would reduced the stem length to drop the flowers down the card,  and just use the embossing folder to give a border.  

The next one has been hanging around for a day or two - I had an idea and tried it out but didn't really like my skill level but I distressed the edges a bit and decided it would do. I used an embossing folder Flower Garden and embossed some of the delicious new Core'dinations Gumball Green card.  I then distressed the embossing with a light sanding. This brought up the pattern.  I then used a pen (Raspberry Ripple) and tried to carefully colour in the flowers.  I used Gumball Green  on the stems etc. Didn't like the effect so as I said left it laying around for a few days and then decided to complete the card.  Mounted it onto RR and a piece of DP was added, stamped the sentiment from Love and Sympathy in Close to Cocoa onto Very Vanilla, and punched it out.  Punched out another shape in RR and split it to attached behind the first label, and added some bling from the stash. The ribbon is from SU. The base card is folded VV card stock.


The third one is cased from the Stamping Impressions site.

I used an embossing folder from Couture Creations called Hedged Maze, and Very Vanilla card.  I brayered some Primrose Petals ink onto one side of the folder case, and carefully added the card before putting it through the Big Shot. This was trimmed and layered up onto the PP card, and added to image from one part of Pleasant Poppies coloured up the same as before with watercolour pen but not embossed. I die cut a label and cut the bottom off it, added a sentiment from Bring on the Cake 2, stamped in Close to Cocoa straight onto the PP card.  I added a piece of ribbon and some pearls. 


When I was outside taking photos of these scared the lights ou of two or three small skinks who were sunning themselves. I got a shot of one who was initially frozen to the bricks and then scampered to the bottom of the old BBQ and froze there, so I got another shot - so pretty but so fast! 

Ready to run!

Daredevil Skink clinging to the vertical bricks




1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

I do like your poppy cards (always one of my favourite flowers). I think my favourite it the pink card with the lovely embossed background.