Monday 11 March 2013

Gingerloft is Going Green



This image from Gingerloft intrigued me, so I decided to work with it for this
  Green Challenge

 

Firstly I printed it off onto some XPress Blending card, and left it to set.  I coloured it up using my Copic pens and die cut it using a Spellbinders die. Before I took it out of the die I sponged it with Momento ink (New Sprout).  I did colour up the clock face that is under the chipboard piece, but decided not to use it when I found that this Heidi Snapp clock fitted it perfectly - another piece of old stash used! Yeah!

I knew I had a sentiment somewhere saying Tempus Fugit (time flies) - a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine - and another saying Carpe Diem (seize the day)  - from Verve - so I spent some time searching through my index folders of stamps to locate them, and them stamped them up on a piece of scrap card.  I stamped the watch in Momento London Fog randomly, and then the sentiments in SU Wasabi Green ink. I trimmed these and mounted them onto a scrap piece of green card.  I have a huge stack of 12 x 12 card and papers - must use them up! 


I used another piece of the scrap green card to die cut a Tim Holtz clock.  I searched through the various paper pads I have acquired to find a suitable background paper and came across a Basic Grey - Lauderdale pad with some good ones. Mounted one small piece onto some more of the green card and then layered it all onto the green DP and some green Bazzil folded to create the base card. 

I added a brad to the chipboard clock and some leaves got from Meg's Garden. I put a bit of bling in there too. Finally (several days later) I added the green flower. The photo below was taken in a duller light than the top one (which gives a better idea of the true colours). 



Hope it tickles, as Claire says!

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Challenges4Everbody:  anything goes
The Squirrel and the Fox: Autumn or Spring - this is Autumn



10 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Susan, your card design is lovely, fab big flower and love the clock diecut too.
Hugs,
Sandy

V's Sweet Ideas said...

Wow what an awesome card! Really love that clock die cut you used. Thank you for joining us over at the Squirrel and the Fox!

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love the layers.

I know the feeling of using up something that has been sitting around for a while. I might have the same problem with red(and maybe one or two other colours LOL) that you have with green!

Good luck with the challenges.

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspiration Paints for our challenge this week!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Nikki Byrne said...

Great card and fab image. Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs

NIKKI DT

Ina G said...

What an awesome job you have done here - such creativity. Looking forward to seeing lots more.

Made by Mandy said...

Love all the details and texture you have added to this card and I am very impressed you knew you had the sentiments in your collection of stamps and found them :)

Many thanks for joining in with our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Ali said...

Love the green colour and the nature theme and that fabulous Tim Holtz die (that one's on my want list! :lol:).

Thanks for taking part in our "Anything Goes" challenge at OSAAT this week.

Ali

Karen C said...

This is a fantastic creation! Love the clock die! Thanks for joining us this week at One Stitch At A Time! Hope to see you back soon!
Hugs,
Karen C

Crafting Vicky said...

This is really awesome. Just love all the details you have used.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky