Saturday 23 March 2013

Rockin' with the Lollipop Ladies

I have made two cards for this challenge - one is as I said on the site - overcooked with too much thinkin'!

have a new challenge this fortnight - Rock candy photograph and the theme is Music: 
because Rock is a type of music, right? 




Guest DT spots are able to be won each fortnight
and our sponsor this fortnight is: Mad for Markers*

(thanks to Sammi).
A choice of 3 of her M4M digi stamps.
So cool :-)

Prize will only be offered if 7 or more entries partake in the challenge.
This is an Australian Challenge site and deserves to be supported - entries have been a little low lately so no prizes have been won, but people have had a chance to be a guest on the DT and have taken this opportunity up! You have to be in it to win it, folks, so why not have a go!


Red card folded for base (SU), black mounting and the yellow card which is embossed with the music AFTER being stamped with the sentiment (tried to do it before for the first one - ooops). Some bling added and the sparkly guitar which is embossed onto acetate and fussy cut out. Male card!

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Creative Card crew: anything goes
Love to Create:  Masculine card - not anything goes as I originally put!!!


I made two cards as I have said and had an idea going around in my head for a while about how I would approach it, but I am sorry I did because sometimes I tend to overthink things and need to just stop and do - this was one of them!


My idea was grunge and male......so I used soft colours and tried to grunge them up! Duh! I used an embossing folder and sanded to coordinations card to show the circles for the background.  I then took two pieces of kraft card that I had previously coloured up with Distress inks and overstamped them with various stamps from Verve, Stampin' Up and a freebie set of cards from a magazine. Too many! Then I stamped the guitar onto acetate and embossed it with ebony sparkly embossing powder and then fussy cut it out.  Managed to drop it with some sticky strip attached onto the background card, and it tore when I tried to lift it up - so basically it is where it fell!



See what I mean? 




7 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Great Cards Susan

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool card!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

Mian said...

This card is absolutely fab! Love the embossing and the design is great.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Love to Create Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Love your interpretation of the rock and music! You've put our challenge as anything goes but it is a masculine theme this time around, which your card is perfect for!

Thanks for joining us at The Creative Card Crew for our masculine challenge

Margaret xx

Mei said...

Such a nice card! Love the music background! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew!

Me
CCC DT
Love to Create DT

Anonymous said...

Great cards.
Don't you just hate it when you drop something with sticky on the back and it falls onto your almost finished work - very frustrating.

Unknown said...

I love this card! The co-ordinating embossing and die-cut are lovely. Thanks so much for joining our Masculine challenge over at Creative Card Crew this fortnight!