Google+ Followers

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Trying out Colouring Techniques

I have some new stamps from Stampin' Up (actually, I have more than a few, but who's counting, right) and I thought I would use two of them  -Vivid Vases, and Blessed Easter - and conduct a little colouring technique experiment for myself. I stamped them both once onto XPress Blending card with black Momento ink, and supposedly twice onto watercolour paper with StazOn black ink.  My StaZOn was a little dry and I had to water the pad with some refill ink, and it took a lot! I ended up with two reasonable vases and on OK Easter one, and after I had taken to them with some fine black pen they were more OK. I then tried several ways of colouring them in - watercolour pencil, SU markers and a water paint brush, and Copic pens. 



Can you guess what is what?


This one is using the markers and water brush. There is a background of pale blue but it is hard to see here. The image is mounted on a piece of card from packaging, and the screen is also from the same thing. This is stuck to some SU Coastal Cabana, with a couple of bits of SU bling. The sentiment was restamped in Momento onto a scrap of white card after I cut off the poor stamping beneath the vases. It is all mounted on white card. 


This one is using the watercolour pencils (Inktence) and the card used for mounting is SU Pacific Point and the DP is from Theresa Collins Sweet Afternoon. The butterfly is vellum. 


Here I used the Copics. Ribbon is from the stash and the DP is De Lovely by Cosmo Cricket.  The mounting card is SU Melon Mambo and so is the card the little dohickey in the corner is die cut from - this die is from MFT.


A comparison of the three styles of colouring.


This is SU markers, water misted onto the SU waterpaper card.  The embellies just sort of grew as I looked at the white space and kept adding: lace from stash, SU ribbon, a flourish bling strip coloured with a pink Copic and the DP is from my stash (unknown). The brad is also from SU. The image has slipped I noted in this photo and have since had it replaced on the card. 


This one is the Copic version - a piece of scrap pink card behind it and the corner thingy (MFT) is from the same card. 

Well, that is my experiment for the day. I have used lots of different ways to colour before but just wanted to see how they looked on these particular images.  Thanks for looking.


No comments: