Saturday 7 July 2012

Fantails and Layers

Lollipop Ladies

Challenge 49

(Sorry this is not up on time, but my scheduling skills are not good!)

Have you got your movie trivia brain switched on? This fortnight our challenge is based on those chocolatey chewy goodies: Fantales!


With the additional challenge of Text.

We have another new DT member to welcome this fortnight :-)
Keep an eye out for the inspiration of Michelle
 as well as our monthly guest, and GDT spot winners...
Guest DT spots are able to be won each fortnight
and our sponsor this fortnight is:   Annabelle Stamps *

$10 Voucher (thanks to Andrea).
Prize will only be offered if 7 or more entries partake in the challenge.



So why not have as go and enter this great challenge - here is my addition to the DT team's inspiration!

Fantails are wrapped in paper, and actual sweet is coated in chocolate and then has a chewy centre - yum.  Great for removing old-fashioned fillings from teeth, as I remember! The paper is predominantly yellow, with blue and red ends and covered with information about movie stars for the "fans" - get it? It tells tales (tails) for the fans........My card therefore has some layers - some text and my wrapper is yellow!  



My base was stamped with a text stamp from Stamp-it, and embossed with clear embossing powder onto shiny while SU card.  I then introduced some TH Distressed Ink pads (Faded Jeans, Barn Door and Squeezed Lemonade), and rubbed the ink over the card and the embossing . I wiped off the ink then from the embossing, and used half the card to die cut some flowers (Creative Flowers No 11) and edged the flower petals and the main card piece with the Faded Jeans ink. I stamped the Kaiser image Lady Jude with TH Black Soot ink.  I took a Kaiser wooden flourish - Dress Form and coloured with with various inks and finally smeared it with Tsukineko Frost White ink. After tying a small yellow ribbon scrap around the form I used Dimentional Magic to attach it to the base. I then mounted all of this onto a scrap of blue card.



I used a couple of papers from Jilly Bean Soup  - Home Made 6 Bean Soup 6' x 6', and some red card to build up layers on a base card of SU Daffodil Delight. The sentiment is stamped in black on this and punched out using an SU punch.  The sentiment is from Stamp It - Sentiment Set 2. I added bling (from Bella) and the flowers and doodled some faux stitches.  I think it is missing something in the construction - not sure what to do so have left it as it is - any suggestions welcome!

I will enter this in the following challenges:

The Stamp Man - bling it on


6 comments:

Elaine said...

What a lot of work you have done with this card and it's beautiful. I've eyed of that Kaiser wooden flourish, it's so elegant looking, now you make me want it even more :).
Great job.

Unknown said...

Oh my sweetness, your card is totaly beautiful!! Just love the pretty image and all the lovely details! Thank you so much for joining us at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great challenge this week and I love your take on it Susan! I love any toffee covered in chocolate!!!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great challenge this week and I love your take on it Susan! I love any toffee covered in chocolate!!!

Merry said...

So lovely Susan and a lot of thought has gone into the card. I like all the bling down the sides also your comment about fantails being an old fashioned filling remover. :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for joining at It's all about the Vintage
Elma