Saturday 20 October 2012

Halfway for Unstampabelles

When Merry told us at the design team for Unstampabelles that the theme was recycling, I thought "goodie" as I had a few (more than a few) labels off wine bottles that I has stored away and it was a chance to take one or two out and make a card.  I did this and you can see the first one here for the Challenge currently going on at Unstampabelles (recycled or repurposed items) - there is still lots of time to enter!

At that time I made another card as well, using a wine label, and some of the same die cuts as the first one. Today Merry has put it up as  a half-way inspiration so thought I had better get this up quick ;)!


It is obviously a male card! The sentiment is a sticker and the dies are Tim Holtz into scraps of Bazzil card, sanded to distress. Trying to make it look old! The strip of DP 'road' is a scrap piece from the basket and I have no idea who the maker is. The label was not easy to remove, hence the wear marks on the image but again, I feel it tells a story and the viewer can make up their own version of it. Perhaps it is someone returning to a place after many years and feeling that they have only just left it.........

So, lots of repurposed bits in this one!

I will enter it into the following challenges:
Cards Galore: Anything Goes
DYSU Challenge Blog: Anything Vintage

2 comments:

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card,love the image and great design.xxx

Merry said...

This is another fantastic card and wonderful use of your wine label. I now will have a new way of choosing wine...if I can reuse the label. :-)