Monday 27 October 2014

Unstampabelles: Final week for October

Hello Peeps!

Over on my Challenge blog Unstampabelles, we are approaching the end of the current challenge.

..TIME 
 and the twist is shabby chic!

October is being Sponsored 
by




who are currently having a

HUGE $2 FLOWER SALE 

for the month of OCTOBER!

FWAB Flower Packs - Retail

I am currently knee deep in Christmas cards, trying to make as many as possible, partly to make up for the time I was inactive with my hand.  I still have a swollen, stiff, weak left hand, but it is gradually getting better and I figure crafting is doing it good!

My card therefore for DT inspiration this week is a Christmas card - shabby chic style!


Again I used a Kaiser pack of emphemera - St. Nicholas - and lots of TH distress inks!
This sentiment card mentions 'time' so that became the anchor for the rest of the card and basically I just build around it.


My background card is SU Mossy Green (distressed edges) and some pieces of 'vintage style' papers from my stash. They are torn and distressed too. Some lace and old style ribbon, and a pine cone sticker, plus the date.


St Nicholas, of course


After I took the photo's outside I decided to add some glitter to the tree, but it's raining out there now so this photo was taken inside and isn't as good, but it gives you the idea of the glitter!

You get the idea! I have added this card to the growing pile completed - I am going for easy this year so am using up a lot of the freebie stuff that is arriving with each magazine - papers, die cuts and stuff. Some of them are quite pretty! here are some examples!

An embossing folder - smeared around lots of ink and tried to paper piece the centre


Cardboard chip, stars and paper are freebies


Deer stencil and papers with sentiment sticker

I will enter my shabby chic card in the following challenges:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy.
Like the added glitter to St Nick's tree.
I have only made one or two cards for Christmas - I have a birthday rush before then.
Hope the swelling goes down soon.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards Susan