Saturday 3 March 2018

Feathers and Autumn

Hello Peeps - another lovely autumnal day here. Hope your day is going well but from the photo's coming out of the Northern Hemisphere, it looks a little cold!

This heron is not cold - the opposite I would say, as it was taken early February


WOW… what a great shot of a White Faced Heron on Bruny Island (near Dennes Point), just having caught a fish thanks to RenĂ© Pianezzi.
www.instagram.com/renepianezziphotography

Hilde at Crafting with Dragonflies wants us to use birds or feathers in our card 
this fortnight for Challenge #98


I was given a beautiful card for my birthday last year by a friend, using a photo taken by Michelle Pears, from Sorell, Tasmania. The photo was attached to some lovely silvery card - I thought it was a shame for this to sit in the drawer for the rest of my life so I repurposed it!

I cut the card front with the photo off and stamped a sentiment using StayzOn ink (blue) and a stamp from a set called Vintage Springtime by Beverly Tonks. 


I used the back of the card to die cut some feathers - I have a number of feather dies now and this is a selection.They are attached using a grey brad.



The card is SU Early Expresso - I carefully peeled the sticker of the previous card and reapplied it to the back of this one, and wrote above and below to indicate that while the photo was not mine, the rest of the embellishment was. 


A card suitable for a male going through a rough time perhaps 
or a young person needs a bit of a boost. 

You can go over to see what the rest of the Design Team have come up with!

2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Brilliant use of that wonderful photo, the sentiment and the feathers make it so lovely and perfect for giving to someone that is going through a rough time!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo and card. You are really amazing at repurposing and upcycling. A great card for someone having a tough time.