Saturday 25 June 2011

Rosemary's Challenge

I also had a go at Rosemary's 3D Under the Sea one......boy, was that a challenge, lifting me right out of my comfort zone!  I had to use digi's and I chose to colour in Copics, and my printer ink is not as fast as it should be......anyway, I did it!


Rosemary's 3D challenge is here:


As I said, I used digi's - the mermaid is from "Creative Mind of Sylvie" and the school of fishes is from I Brake for Stamps.  The oceam is cut from SU Glossy White, with alcohol inks from Time Holtz on it and stamped over with a JudiKins stamp from a cube set with StaysOn blue ink.  The sentiment is from a There She Goes set called By the Sea and is stamped with Momento Paris Dusk. I have layered up the 'waves' and put the mermaid in the middle layer - you can sort of see below. I coloured with Copics and used Spica pens and Smooch to put some shine on it. The background card is SU Daffodil Delight and it is all on a commercial blank (blue). The fishes also have a blue chalked background. 


4 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

She is so pretty ...great job...tfs

Vicki said...

Fabulous card! Great dimension and coloring. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Blog Hop!

Michelle Pearson said...

love your waves...Thanks for playing the Crop Stop Hop!

Rosie said...

Wow, wow, wow....this is amazing!! I love how you combined different digis to make your scene...very clever! And putting the waves and mermaid on pop-dots really makes things pop. You did an amazing job on my challenge. Thank you for playing along on our CropStop Celebrate Summer blog hop. Hugs, Rosie