Friday 3 June 2011

Birthday Hugs

...to all those whose birthday falls into this weeks perimeter! I have completed a card for the Waltzing Mouse sketch challenge, and will make it by the skin of my teeth! The background was stamped with Tsukineko Splendour ink and let dry overnight. I used a stamp from the Victorian Fripperie set for this.  I stamped a label from Vintage Label 4, and embossed it with clear EP.  I die cut it with a Spellbinders Label 4, and inked the edges with SU Blushing Bride ink.  I also inked the edges of the background paper.  I used a piece of Gemstones Cardstock to back this and a Martha Stewart edge punch to decorate it.  The lot is layered onto a piece of folded SU Bashful Blue card. My sentiment comes from WM Sweethearts  and Half Pint Hero.  The ink used for this is Momento Paris Dusk. The white twine is from AnnaBelle's Stamps. Kaiser supplied the bling.



For a few weeks I have been going to a painting class - mixed media and watercolour - with Terry Gough, and although it does not look like it I have learned a great deal from him.  The following three images are class exercises.  I go back in several weeks for term 2!



Autumn leaves - imprinting and masking


Winter colours and mist/rain


Autumn colours - other than flora

6 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Oh that shimmery background you made is COOL! Must seek out that ink :) Love how you added more sparkle with your metallic border and the bits o' bling. Gorgeous WMSC card!

Clare said...

Great card, love the background stamping. Super paintings too! Thanks for joining us this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

Jennie said...

Great cards!!

Monica said...

Love that card... what awesome colours and I love that motif.

xxx Monica

A Consuming Passion said...

Good for you playing with your WM stamps........I'm way behind with mine and I love them so!
I'm so impressed with your painting skills Susan.........fabulous!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! What an awesome collection of projects! Love the rainbow of colors and pretty border on your card for the WMSC! Thanks so much for playing along!