Saturday 11 June 2011

No challenges

I have made several cards, one for an 80th birthday and one using some new SU materials - and I have a photo of several visitors to our winter garden.  They were happily making a big mess! They pick off a bunch of berries from the Cottoneasta, and then nibble out the seed inside, and spit the pith all over the steps! So very refined - not! This is taken through a window, as they tend to fly away when I go outside - this is just two of the half dozen parrots working away.

ED: I have discovered these are Eastern Blue Cheeked Parrots, found in the Murrimbidge/Darling River area - a long, long way away from here! Interesting. 


The first card is for the mother of my SIL, who turned 80 yesterday. She has a good sense of humour, so I thought she wouldn't mind this - also she is not a flowery person.


The image and sentiments are from a "My Favourite Things" set called My Type, which comes with a Die-namics die , allowing me to cut out the typewriter and the paper. The background paper is from a Daisy and Dandelion pack mounted on SU Regal Rose, the ink used is Momento Potter's Clay, and the doily, papers and cards have all been swiped with Antique Linen ink.  The ribbon trim is from Webster's Pages. The card is a commercial blank.  I distressed the papers also. Inside looked like this:



The numbers are from a K&C Co. set.  The second card (using all SU products unless indicated) used some embossed Whisper White (Swirls) and some Daffodil Delight embossed with the Happy Birthday folder. The card blank is a commercial one and the white background is swiped with Pacific Point ink.  I then cut out two frames, one in WW and one is Melon Mambo, and stamped the white one with Hello Blossoms - I inked the stamp with the Markers first, and then stuck on the Ice Cream Parlour buttons.  I finish off with the Ice Cream Parlour ribbon strip.  These last two items are a freebie from SU at the moment, 

From 1-31 July, you and your customers can get an exclusive bundle of adorable ribbon and buttons for FREE when you spend $100 on Stampin' Up! products!


So if you like them and have an order, just contact me!

No comments: