Saturday 18 June 2011

Winged things

I entered a swap with the people at the forum for I Brake for Stamps Brakefast Club.  

I posted off my card yesterday to USA, and in a strange turn of events received mine from USA as well yesterday! Mary (aka Loosy) made mine and here is a photo of it:

The first image is scanned and shows the colours nicely but the second one is a photo taken outside today, and it shows the detail and the sparkle!  I LOVE the clouds - its a stamp apparently, and I really love the story it is telling - isn't that bear one lucky teddy to get all that fairy dust sprinkled over him!  Bet he's tickled pink! The ear is mounted up on dimentional tape and is a IBFS stamp.  I love the colouring of the wings as well. Thank you Mary! 


Candle Love

Do you think anyone would like to receive these (or at least one of them) as part of a nursery package for a newborn?  I thought they were sweet, but am not sure if they would be received well or sell - any comments?




They are made with $3.00 Kaiser stamps and some baby ribbon, coloured in with copics. I think the candles should have been fatter to show off more of the elephant shape and make it easier to add the sentiment - it tore on the boy's one so I had to remove it.  Sentiment or no sentiment?  Colours too strong? Any comments?

2 comments:

Terry said...

Hi Susan! I just stopped by from the Brakefast club to see this beauty up closer! So beautiful and cute at the same time! Your swap partner will adore this card! I am also a new follower!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh love these Susan!