Thursday 27 September 2012

Pretty in Pink



Annabelle Stamps has a Challenge on at the moment.  Shades of Pink......


I had to have a go - so I dug out my favourite Annabelle Stamp Belle - Tomorrow's Dream at the moment and paper pieced her, and coloured her up in Copic pens.  I then had to make a card to put her on, so I fiddled about a bit and came up with this!




I punched out the Happy Birthday with my Martha Stewart punch, and die cut and embossed the bow with the SU set Adorning Accents, cut the scrap of paper from SU Twitterpated (used that for her paper piecing too), DP is from MME's Spring Papers - Pretty Please, and added some SU Melon Mambo card onto a commercial blank. Add three flowers for balance, and the sentiment is from Annabelles, punched out with an SU punch and the ink is Melon Mambo also. 

Spring is sort of here - and today has been lovely - up to 24 degrees, but according to the weather forecast, winter is returning tonight and for the next few days! The orchids might be damaged with that so took some photo's to prove that they were looking a treat and the sun was shining!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty! Love your paper piecing and those flowers are TDF!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Lorraine said...

Lovely card Susan thanks for your comments and yes we have had a lot of rain. Poor people in the U.K. are having floods. My heart goes out to them.

Anonymous said...

Great card. You made me think maybe I should have taken photos of my 1 orchid! before it gets destroyed. I only have one on the spike open so far. Bit late now though - yours are beautiful.

Andrea said...

Just beautiful Susan! Love the bottom scallop and punched sentiment, and the paper piecing is simply gorgeous!
TFS :)
Andrea