Sunday 23 September 2012

Stampin'Up stuff

You may be aware that I am an SU Demonstrator - I am having a workshop this afternoon, and we are making the following things.


A Christmas card using the Holiday Frame embossing folder and the stamp set Blissful Bird, which matches the bird punch. I also used the card Pool Party, Whisper White and Calypso Coral, and the ink markers Pool Party, Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade.  The stamp was coloured up with markers and the embossing was sponged with Pool Party ink.  I drew in the bird's feet with a pen. I did trim the RHS of the card after taking this photo to match the LHS!


This is a small tote to take four 3 x 3 gift cards and envelopes to match.  The set features the stamp set Quintessential Flower. The instructions for the tutorial for this 3 x 3 note card tote can be found on Split Coast Stampers and is by Regina Andari. 


I also used some  scraps of an older Designer Paper - a set that was probably in a mini and is now out of date. 


The cards are 3 x 3 inches and the flower was stamped four times in four different colours (4 x 4 = 16 flowers). I followed the instructions on page 110 of the catalogue, except I didn't have a 2 3/8 inch  scallop punch, so fussy cut four different coloured flowers first. I then used  my 1 3/4 punch, and I had a 1 inch circle punch and a 1/2 inch circle punch, so I used them to get four layers rather than five.  I used dimensionals to build up the flowers.  The small piece of DP was put on first and the flower added over that to the front of the card.  I mixed/matched the colours as I built each flower. 


I used Pool Party ink to stamp off in the corner of each small envelope.  The envelopes are made from a template made especially for this size card. If you want it, I can send it to you. 

My ladies this afternoon pay $15 for this workshop, and get to make and take the three things - card, tote and gift cards/envelopes. I am happy to run workshops either at my house or yours, or I can run a party where you as hostess get the benefits of any sales over $300.  A party is free for participants. Just email me. 



4 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

I didn't know you were a SU demo Susan!!! Love the little projects to have ready for your girls to make. The embossing on your first card is so pretty and the little gift pack is a winner!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely work!!!

Merry said...

Like Sue....'I didn't know you were a SU demo'. Love the projects you will be creating in your workshop. Especially that first card. That embossing folder is just stunning.

Anonymous said...

Great projects. Hope the workshop went well. Planning my first for next week.