Saturday 8 December 2012

Candy Canes and Spirals

Now, what am I to do with that!




It's time for a new challenge and so this fortnight we're focussed on...

Candy Canes


With the additional challenge of Spirals
Guest DT spots are able to be won each fortnight
and our sponsor this fortnight is: Mad for Markers*
(thanks to Sammi).
A choice of 3 of her M4M digi stamps.
So cool :-)

Prize will only be offered if 7 or more entries partake in the challenge.


My contribution to this fortnight's inspiration follows the rules for red and white, but has taken a new twist on spirals! I couldn't do it - so I worked on the logic of snowflakes swirl around and down, so snowflakes can be the swirls!!!!! Clever, eh..........



I used a LOTV image (isn't he sweet), as is the sentiment; and I coloured in with the trusty Copics - not sure of colours but I know his body is C2!  He has frosty glitter added to his hat and the ground and to the ornaments hanging on his tree. 

All the card is from SU and I used an embossing folder, die cuts (for snowflakes), ribbon and bling. The DP is from my stash and is probably a freebie paper from a magazine.


Talking of magazines, guess who is published in this months Stamping, Papercraft and Cardmaking!!!! Yep, little old me..........hand clapping now thanks!

You will find my card on page 89.  I have had to be quiet about this for so long! It's just in the readers section, not anywhere else. I tried but didn't get in.  I must try again!

I will be entering the  above card in the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps:  use markers
Divas by design: Let it Snow
Simon Says Stamp: Snowflakes




11 comments:

Lauren T said...

Very cute little penguin.

Elaine said...

Love it!! All the layers together are great. Your snowflake reasoning makes total sense :-).

Elaine said...

Congrats too on your work being published. Awesome.

Elaine said...

Congrats too on your work being published. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Great card.
Congratulations on being published - well done. I'm clapping!

Joy said...

Super adorable.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jingle said...

Absolutely adorable! Love that little guy! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

Tracey T said...

I love this little penguin - he really is very sweet! Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

Anonymous said...

Hi susan. I like your creative take on the swirl, lol. I think I would have struggled with that part too. Congrats on getting published in SP&C, no matter what page your on.

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card, the image is very cute!

Thanks for joining with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this time.

Merry Christmas.

Susan x

Faye said...

That is sooooooo cute. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin. Merry Christmas and good luck. X