Friday 21 December 2012

Busy,busy busy

How are you all doing?  Hope you are all on schedule with your cooking and present wrapping and such and  that the fat man will be able to make his annual visit this year with a minimum of stress and fuss!

My old Dad used to say babies came when they wanted and that they came anytime, although only the first one in the family was likely to come before the regulation nine months! This is a truism I have discovered and I have birthdays in December to cater for despite the fact that Christmas is supposed to be the main game!

My MIL will be 99 this year on Christmas Eve - still haven't made that card! A niece has turned 34 + 16 = (50) ssssshhh.... and her card is partly made.  I am going to be flat chat this day! My HUB is having a birthday at the end of the month as well, and his card is just a thought at the moment! My Grandaughter Number 2 had a birthday several weeks ago and she was 17! Here is the card I made for her.


The image was a freebie stamp set from a magazine.  I have paper pieced her dress and used copics to colour in the rest. The papers behind her are from a set from Kaiser called Lake House - so pretty. The sentiment tag and the side die cut are also from the paper pad. The die cut label is from SU and I had to freehand cut the pink card behind it. 


I added some bling and that was it. Simple and elegant I thought and it got the thumbs up from the girls at the party!

I will enter this at the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter: Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody:  Anything Goes
Penny Black and More: It's your Choice



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great card. Might try colouring her pink next time. I have seen someone - maybe from SU forum - re cut the die to get layering. I just can't find the link - it saves the freehand cutting. Thanks.

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and the dress looks so pretty paper pieced.
Thank you for joining the Its Your Choice challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x