Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, 2012 is drawing to a close.  The weather is cool here (especially as it is supposed to be summer!), and the clouds are building for a rain storm.  The afternoon is ending with a whimper, I feel.

We have had one of those years that are wished upon us by proverbial Chinese philosophers - interesting! Not sure what we did, perhaps just got  bit older. Anyhow, I hope that 2013 is a better year all round for everyone (especially if the Americans can stop us all from falling over their fiscal cliff!).

I have a few cards to share - made at the end of a busy time and year for birthdays in the Christmas week - in fact made the night before we left for Melbourne with only two days grace between the events and the making.  Firstly, a card made for the wife of my husbands nephew! Jeanette is a wonderful girl and full of fun and friendship - a welcome addition to any family.  She has been married to her husband for nearly 30 years and has just turned 50, but she will not admit to that age:  in her head she is only 34 (plus 16!). This is how she explains her age - so this was her card.


Made at night (which is not me usually, as I am too tired at night) and in a hurry - so the photo's are less than impressive! The image and sentiment stamp is from Shirley's2Girls and I have had it for a long time. It is coloured with Copics and layered, while the background card is randomly stamped with some of the sentiment on the first page and all on the rest. The colours are SU Calypso Coral and the background DP is from SU Attic Boutique.

The letters and numbers are white sparkly thickers coloured with my Copic pens (should have airsprayed them, but no time). The inside sentiments are stickers and rub-ons combined. 



My MIL I have talked about before.  She turned 99 on Christmas Eve. Here she is with my husband a few days afterwards - she was a bit tired that day!


She attended the 50th celebrations on the 23rd, and was given a share of the spotlight with a cake of her own.  




She received guests at home on the 24th (at the Lodge) and celebrated with her fellow 'inmates' there are lunch and dinner that night, and joined us all on Christmas Day at my SIL's for a family event.  At one stage in the afternoon there were 42 people there! She was truly buggered the next day, but rallied and was looking good the day we left to come home.  Here is the card I made - again, I threw this together quickly using a card kit I had bought from Bizzy Becs  - I have no idea who made the products in it.  


There are a few stamps and a rub-on used, and I smeared ink around as it looked a little stark with all the white.  The die cut was part of the pack but it looks like either a Marianne or Memory Box. The bird and branch is from a SU punch and the pearl brad is from SU also. 


 Next year is the 100 - so I will make a very special card for that!


I was going to enter some challenges, but think I will leave that to the new year! Have a good night tonight, and keep safe - from weather, from others and from yourself!


No comments: