Sunday 15 December 2013

Challenge #59 from the Squirrel and the Fox

Only one week to go!



The challenge at The Squirrel and the Fox over this fortnight has to be 

#59 - Christmas or Hanukkah 

Our sponsor for this is
offering 3 free digis!

I have made most of my cards now so I am making tags - I decided to use both the images the sponsor gave to the DT to use and so printed them out after resizing them, and coloured them with the Copics.  I wanted the shimmer on the ornaments, and so used my watercolour medium again for this, and you can certainly see it in the photos - it real life it is not so overpowering. I fussy-cut the images out. 


I grabbed a couple of big manilla tags, some die cuts I had floating and some scrap DP and basically threw them together to create the tags. 


I added some ribbon at the top and stamped WMS stamp in black ink on the top.  They are already tied to some presents!


A photo in direct sunlight to show that the shimmer is not at all overpowering the image. 


I am sure not everyone out there is doing Christmas shopping, baking and decorating! Even if you are, just grab a few minutes to yourself and create something Christmassy for this challenge! That last minute card or tag will do!

I have been annoyingly ill this last fortnight - you now, ENT infection leading to complications! I have latent ashma and it doesn't usually annoy me much unless it gets stirred up by this sort of thing - now I am coughing my head off and feeling so tired at the end of the day and my rib cage is so sore - and my throat is too. My voice would suit Marlene Deitrick well! It has put me at least five days behind with everything - and today I had to brave the shops and do a rushed shop! I thought I had broken the back on the shopping until I went to the present cupboard and found it nearly bare! Not sure what I had thought I had done but it needed doing again! Anyhoo.........there are no decorations up yet and I still have to make 10 cards. I have posted the bulk of them, or hubby did today, and I have the grandchildren's shopping for Canberra nearly ready to be posted Monday morning. I am sure it will all come together - perhaps, maybe, or anyway enough so that it will be OK......I hope.......you know what I mean!

Grandaughter number 2 turned 18 last week - ended up making her two cards in a very big hurry because I stuffed up number 1 (got ink on it) and didn't take any photos before they were delivered.  She also passed her P's for driving, so now is FREE.....it was so funny to drive passed their house the day after and see NO cars in the front yard after seeing at least one there for so long!

Enough babble - if you could see my disgustingly untidy and dirty workspace........off to do a tidy at least and start on the 10 remaining cards!

I will enter these tags into the following challenges:


1 comment:

Merry said...

What lovely tags Susan. Congrats to your granddaughter on getting her 'P's a huge accomplishment and such freedom.