Sunday 1 December 2013

Challenge #58 for The Squirrel and the Fox

This is my second posting for my newest DT position for The Squirrel and the Fox

Challenge #58 for The Squirrel and the Fox could be summer themed or winter themed, depending on where in the world you are when December comes around! I am in the southern hemisphere (best part) so naturally my choice is Summer!


Don't feel much like it but! Summer is supposed to be warm days and balmy nights, blue skies and sunshine! Hmph! Our summer is wet and cold this year and the weather bureau promises us more to come! Oh, lemons and lemonade; I don't cope that well in warm weather so it will be a bit of a blessing - yes, Pollyanna! 

This little lass feels warm enough even if there is no sun in her sky. 

I used an image from our sponsor for this challenge - Pink Cat Studios:


The prize is 5 free images

The first photo below was taken in the sun and shows the colours clearly.  I coloured the image after printing it off on X Press blending paper. I used my Copics - as you can see the image is quite large here but the good thing about digis is that you can resize them to suit the project you are working on. Once I had coloured it up I fussy-cut it out and fixed it with some dimensional circles to sit it off the background. 



The background was sponged ink (Momento) and I added some little clouds from Cloud 9 directly onto the commercial card blank.  The sentiment is from MFT - and die cut with the matching die - Banner Greetings, stamped in Momento black ink. The stamps and die arrived yesterday!


This was taken the night before - it was rainy and very overcast.  The colours are quite muted. 

There are no tortoises in Tasmania or Terripans - not naturally occuring that is - but I saw David Attenborough talking to one on TV, in London I think, that was big enough for a kid to ride on. Didn't look as happy for it to occur as this one though. However, I have seen quite a few ride-on toys featuring tortoises - must be a fashion trend. Still its a pretty cute image don't you think? 

Why not go over to The Squirrel and the Fox and look at the other cards produced by my fellow teamies,  and leave them some love on their blogs; and then have a go at creating either a summer or winter card for yourself and entering it - you have two weeks from today - GO!

I will enter this in the following challenges:

Sister Act Card Challenge: Anything Goes
4 Crafty Girls: Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: Anything Goes









8 comments:

Cathy P said...

Cute card! Great image and coloring. I would love to experience Christmas in the southern hemisphere. I'd be making a winter themed card! Thanks for linking up with us the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
Cathy xx

Jenny said...

Such a cute image Susan and those teeny clouds are perfect! hugs x

Anonymous said...

Great image. Coloured in lovely bright colours. Well it has been summer here in Melbourne. TFS.

Angie said...

Cute card! Love the image especially the turtle! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card and image love the colors you have used. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Girls this fortnight xx

Unknown said...

Love your card Susan! Super cute image and love how you colored it. :) So happy to have you as a new teamie! Hugs

Dr Sonia S V said...

Susan love the tiny clouds you added

Merry said...

That is such a fun and sweet image….lovely colours you have used.