Google+ Followers

Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 2 for "To Die For" Challenge#67 at Unstampabelles

Hello Peeps - nearly Easter and the second week in April has started. 

As you might know if you have been reading my blog, Hubby has not had a good start to the year, so it was nice to be able to go for a drive with him yesterday to the seaside town of Orford on the East coast of the state and partake of a nice freshly cooked salmon pizza for lunch!

We went for a little tootle around the southern part of the town and I snapped this with my phone camera - Maria Island in the background and a storm over Shelly Beach. We got a few spots of rain.

Today it is raining - real proper rain!
Great for our garden.

Over at Unstampabelles for the month of April the challenge is 

To 'die' for.......   

TWIST  add a bird or two or three....


Prize - two small die sets
IO Dies - Bunnies 

AND


Cheery Lyn Dies - chicks

This last set was so cute I had to get myself a set as well. 

I cut out three chickens in sparkly green SU card
I also cut two eggs from Filigree Egg by Memory Box and interchanged the parts
(see below)
I used double sided tape below the egg to get the 'parts' to stay in place and then stick the eggs to my carton. 


I saw a similar styled (lunch pail?) carton (with no instructions to make it) on Pinterest, so I told myself I was an intelligent woman and could do this and proceeded to turn a 12 x 12 sheet into a box with a base measuring 3 x 4 inches x 2 inches sides plus the 'roof space'.
Bit of a surprise it worked really!


I wrote down the sizes as I marked the back of the yellow sheet, and used a pencil and eraser to great effect before I had my basic shape: then I  began to put in the folds and begin cutting tabs. The two side end folds tucked behind the real end (the one with the sentiment on it) and were taped in but that is all the tape there is. 


The top triangle has a slit cut into it and the two sides meet at the top and were slid through the slit to hold the box closed. The ribbon is really for show. I trimmed up the ends to make them easier to pull in and out of the slits. I hope you can see what I have done.


I do have a photo of a base template if you want me to email it to you but no further instructions.


I used the die cut chickens and eggs to decorate. 


It is pretty sturdy and contains a packet of Cadbury Dream Eggs.
I could take two packets if you wanted it to - but I didn't have any to spare. 
To open, slide one end out and untie ribbon.

I can see it would be prettier if I had used DSP rather than plain but didn't have any suitable Easter paper around.

So - add a die cut and a bird or two and you have met the challenge and the twist!
Enter your work by clicking on the link below and scrolling down


1 comment:

frommycraftroom said...

Perfect! Very clever. More patience than I with the glitter paper.