Monday 20 November 2017

It's all about the cake.......

....not, apparently, over at Unstampabelles, where we are currently midway through and there are no entries, despite there being a good prize. It seems that the crafters are all too knee deep in Christmas cards perhaps or that there are no layouts with cakes or no cards with cakes or no multi-media stuff featuring cakes or indeed - anything else that might have a cake on it!



It might be the twist - to use mainly Primary Colours - but you can get around that pretty easy I have found.


I freehand cut the icing shapes but I found the idea for this on Pinterest so it is not my original idea.

I used a variety of embossing folders to give the icing some texture and depth....and the cherry has been covered with Crystal Effects. It too was hand made. 


The card is a gift card - so not that big


and it has a bit of acetate, also embossed with a wood embossing pattern to give the impression of a cup cake pattie


A gift tag for a birthday present.

I went away for a few days on a driving holiday with hubby. We went up the East Coast of Tassie and across to a small seaside town called Bridport. We had one night at Bicheno, on the East Coast.

In the early morning, when I was sitting on the deck of our accommodation enjoying my first coffee of the day, I had a visitor. 


One young kookaburra (or kingfisher)




2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have just finished two cards that were on my desk from almost two weeks... Where is time? :( But hope to find a bit of free time the next weekend and try to make something about cakes. Your gift card is so inspiring with those yummy embossed creams! :D Thanks for sharing your clever idea!
Lovely little guy on your patio, perhaps he has lost his way? :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like we had similar ideas! Fun card/tag. I too thought people must be focusing on Christmas rather than birthdays.