Wednesday 19 May 2010

Paper Pieces Again

Another two cards today - one using paper piecing and another using a rub-on and torn paper. Both are male cards.

The first one was supposed to have the plane facing the other way but when I drew it, I forgot which side of my double sided paper I was going to use, so it ended up facing towards the left instead of the right.  This meant that the propeller and the nose of the plane is buried in the cloud instead of in the clear air.  However, it still looks "cool" I was told by the 17 year old! My clouds were free cut and then I drew around them with black pen, but when I put them on the card I realised that I needed to have waited until they were placed before I drew around them - silly me!  My plane has done a few loops and this was supposed to be over the clouds but because I am facing the wrong way the line of flight does not stand out as well against the darker background.  I pierced the paper with a needle to get the dotted line to stand out and then decided to touch each hole with a black pen to highlight them further but it still only just works. Next time! The papers used are a mixture of stash and SU DT papers, and some SU card scraps and Navy card.



This card used some paper from the stash, torn away and rubbed over with brown ink to age, and then the cream card smudged with brown ink as well.  The writing was on the computer.  The image was a rub-on from a Royal and Langnickel - Mens Collage set, put onto SU Cream card and then this was mounted onto firstly black card, and then craft. The whole lot is on a card made from SU Cream.


This is the inside of the card. 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Susan. So glad you played along at Just Scraps. Choose a pattern from www.paperandpiecings.com and email me at justscraps.ca@gmail.com with your choice. I'll send it along as soon as I get your email. Have been looking down through your postings for the past couple weeks. Your cards are fabulous. Hope to see you back again this week! Cheers!