Monday 16 May 2016

Boxes of Washi tape......



Well, really there is one box but it is huge!


I think they multiply when the lid is on and it is dark.....

Anyway, what to do with them......

I needed to make something for the Unstampabelles midway post too

for Challenge #57 - Creative Upcycling

with the twist of using something oldish from your stash!

Pinterest gave me an idea, and I ran with it

The one I saw had tissue paper on it, but when I went to use that it tore all the time, so even though I did glue some pink tissue to my little memo, I eventually had to cover it up with tape



The book cost me $1.85: it is one of three I got over 2 years ago from a throw-out bin at Big W

The cardboard cover was free packaging with an order - my recycling bit

The ribbon was also a freebie from a magazine, but it was not good quality and shredded a bit


I stitched the ribbon through the spine of the cover and the tissue paper, but when I put it on the memo, I put it upside down so my pages are upside down now - I was working in a hurry.......


Halfway through putting the washi tapes onto the cover - you can see the tissue paper clearly here


But it tore so I had to cover it over with tape
I tried just a ribbon bow to hold the booklet together but it was not that successful (too much pressure), so I added a bulldog clip


I added some beads to the ribbon to make a page marker, knotting the ends to keep the beads in place. 


I think I would need to plan this out better in future if I was to make another one but for the time being it will be OK for my handbag to make and keep notes as needed.

Why not try to upcycle something yourself and enter it at 








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't feel so guilty about my washi tape stash now!
What a great way to upcycle and use some tape at the same time and create a useful memo holder. I like a pen/pencil & paper - my friends seem to use their phones. Maybe I should do this to the note pad in the car - hubby mentioned it looked a little sad and trashy when he cleaned the car :) First I must do some housework today - doing the minimum has caught up with me!
Great job.

Wynn said...

A great product when completed and what fun you had along the way!!! My post went up a wee bit late....sorry. I am feeling a bit better now so hopefully I'm be back to crafting proper soon!! Wynn xx