Monday 20 June 2016

Project Life page for Unstampabelle's current challenge: #59

Challenge #59



The theme is 

#58: Pocket Books/Letters or Gift Card Holders 

TWIST include a crown

You can find more information HERE

This is the prize


I decided my pockets this week were going to be plastic ones and so I dug out a Project Life page - took me a while to remember where I had put them though! I originally liked the idea of these but went off them a bit when they arrived and so didn't use them apart from one page.

Now I quite like the effect and if you didn't want to do too much embellishment, they would be very quick to put an album together. Especially if they were about babies and children, I fancy.


This one is based on a holiday we had in Western Australia ten years ago.
A page like this for me would be a starter - the title page if you will
The pockets allow the cards (already supplied with the PL kit) to slip in easily
All I had to do was decorate to choice and add photo's and writing


Die cuts and such - the anchor is wooden
The bowsprit of the ship is pocking out the side of its pocket


This is cardboard and was already die cut when I purchased it
I painted it with Gesso and then sprayed and painted it with turquoise and yellow inks/paints but it didn't look right so I added some Brusho's and a spray of water - WHAM!

I had laid it onto some computer paper in the pizza box to do this and when I lifted it off this was left behind - think I will try and use it as it looks so retro!



Can you see my crown included here (look upward to the photo above this one) for the Twist?
It is a proper naval crown, found and printed off onto paper and fussy cut out.

This is the back of the page - no photo's in there yet but there is room for up to eight and/or space to journal as well on the back of the cards.


 So, off you go and create your own projects using pockets!
Don't forget the Twist either!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great project. The little pockets in theory should make record keeping quick and easy. Love the inky paper - wonder what you will do with that? I bought a heap of these pockets to as my girls were going to start scrapbooking. Out of the 3 Ms A (11) has made a start...