Saturday 25 February 2017

Go Purple for Crafting with Dragonflies

The latest challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies is to use the color Purple in a card.



I saw this idea used in Die-Cutting Essentials magazine (pg 31) by Tara Capewell 
and so I had a go at it

I think my oval was a bit too small - should have used the next size up

I think I would also use a die cut with a featured edge next time too
- perhaps a stitched line?

Anyway, I liked the idea and it worked - I used my new Penny black stamp Fresh and Momento Black ink but I am not that happy with my ink pad. 

I think I need a new black ink to go to when I want a clear black line every time - the Momento is OK most of the time but I note that Tara used a Ranger Archival ink and it gives a strong outline.


I used a sentiment from SU Pursuit of Happiness set and my Copic pens to colour


I had a packet of 3 of these from Shiploads $2 shop and thought it was just the place to use it. 


Instead of using card behind as a mount, I ran my Copic pen around the outside of the white card blank and pretended I had mounted the image. 

Colouring in make me happy so the sentiment makes sense to me!

Anyway, you can go purple in your own way and you have a fortnight to enter it at 

Want to see a pretty photo?

Now, that's how nature does purple.......

Photo by TassieGrammer
Nature has it's own ways of making things seem small ⛈ This is the Bonnet Island Lighthouse in Macquarie Harbour on the west coast of Tasmania.










2 comments:

Wynn said...

Your card is beautiful Susan and what a clever technique. I must give it a go sometime. Hope you are and have a great weekend . Wynn xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Great find with the butterfly. I tried something similar recently but used some of the inside the lines paper! cheating a little :) I'm sure you have tried but does the ink pad need re inking rather than buying a new one?
Another great scenic pic too.