Monday 1 May 2017

Challenge #68: Layers from Unstampabelles for May


Challenge #68: Layers

The TWIST is to have a border
by using a die or a punch

There is a prize
2 new Culture Creations dies


First - a picture of the Fagus


A beautiful capture of the fagus covering Tarn Shelf, in the Mt Field National Park, thanks toJoshua Vince Photography.
www.instagram.com/joshuavince_photography 
Deciduous beech (Nothofagus gunnii), or fagus as it is best-known, a humble tree, usually growing to 2 metres or less. You find it in places most would describe as inhospitable. And one of its other names - tanglefoot - is ruefully confirmed by bushwalkers caught up in its twisted, ground-hugging branches. Yet this small Tasmanian tree can claim something few other Australian plants can. It is Australia's only cold climate winter-deciduous tree, and you will find it nowhere else in the world except Tasmania. 

And its autumn display is superb. Fagus turns a spectacular range of autumn colours, from rust red through to brilliant gold, during late April and May.



Inspired by the green in the Fagus, I made a card for the first week



I used a die that embosses as well as cuts - it took me ages to sort it out and I ruined four sheets of good card before I got the impression onto the card as well as the cut. I found the answer here
on Scrapbooking Made Simple

Then I got this clear emboss


The bottom section was die cut twice and layered to lift it up. 
The first die cut was from the top layer of the card
I then fitted the top bits back into the die cut negative after I had layered it
Underneath the whole is a sheet of green sparkly card from SU - 
you can see it sparkling in the sunlight here


You can see it lifted up more on this shot - taken in the shade; more the actual color


Here is the card photographed in the shade too


I wanted just a hit of sparkle around the edges as well but didn't quite get there - I was concentrating on the right side and didn't realise the left was a bit too wide. Oh well. 

You can enter at Unstampabelles by reading the first post for May and scrolling down to the Linky





No comments: