Monday 7 August 2017

What is Collage???

Hi Peeps - Welcome!

Remember I mentioned a few post ago that the parrot's were making a mess on the steps eating the Cotoneasta's berries?

Guess who's back!!!!



However, in the scheme of things - small problem, eh!

There is a new challenge #71 for August at Unstampabelles.

Collage, Collage, Collage
TWIST - use a bit of multi media

I made card but it can be a tag, a page, an off-the-page item - as long as you don't use stamps!

My idea came from something I saw on Pinterest but it ended up nothing like 
The idea was to die cut something and then lay it on another sheet and using sprays, or colour bursts, create a silhouette. I used an SU die of a butterfly, cutting it out of white card and taping it to the printed sheet before using colour bursts and water to create havoc.


Then I trimmed the sheet and used a gold mount to start the front of the card.
I diecut the butterfly again out of another paper (blue). My white one was laid aside to be used on another project. 


My collae was of flowers and I glued them into the top lhs of the card .
I wrapped some gold cord around my butterfly and attached one end under the button with the sentiment. I punched out three more smaller butterflies and added them (with a pearl) to the card. 


It has shimmer and shine and the wings tremble as you hold the card.





The silhouette of the butterfly underneath adds dimension somehow.


There is no torn paper on this one, but there is a page of an old newspaper, glue, paint and mica stirred up by the water added to it, some twine and some flowers glued down - collage according to the definition!

Collage (from the Frenchcoller, "to glue";[1] French pronunciation: ​[kɔ.laʒ]) is a technique of an art production, primarily used in the visual arts, where the artwork is made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.
A collage may sometimes include magazine and newspaper clippingsribbonspaint, bits of colored or handmade papers, portions of other artwork or texts, photographs and other found objects, glued to a piece of paper or canvas.

Why not go over to Unstampabelles and see what the rest of the DT have come up with!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pretty. You are really good at using the sprays.
Happy Birthday for earlier in the week - sorry I am so late! Hope you had a great day.