Monday 24 December 2018

It's the little things.....

Image result for christmas wishes images

Think you are finished and then - wham! Finally got my WiFi back and the problem was diagnosed as a faulty modem - and a new one was duly sent to me. When I set it up - lost the  land  line! Ring help - you have the wrong modem and need a new one. Will send it after Christmas. Reconnect the old one and see if it still works - it does! BUT no wireless in the house. Out comes the trusty paperclip and reset and guess what - it worked again!

While I was still under the allusion that a real-life technician was going to be visiting, I thought I had better clean up the craft room - that is where the modem is placed. One day later - clean workspace: still no technician!

Meanwhile, time had slipped away! Cards were all done and sent - oh, did we send that one? Do we need to get something for this person? Well, thank you, that was lovely of you - (quick, have we got something to reciprocate?)...you know the drill. Bragged I had finished, didn't I - serves me right really. Such a fun time of the year as we get lots of invites and catch up with folks we haven't seen in ages - swap photo's and stories of families and current lives and promise to not wait until a whole year has passed before we do it again......eat lovely food and have special treats so the waistline expands even further as well!

All that to say I have no inspiration to show you that is paper based - although it is based on a piece of baking paper!




My new oven has not in the past made good meringues (pavlova's) so I did some experimenting with different recipes - I made two; the first one started slow and the oven was then turned up high - it burnt. You can see it burning in the photo - most of it made a Eton Mess for dessert. I used the three egg yolks to make real custard!


The second one was a low temperature for an hour and then turn off and leave. 
The recipe is from NZ and it worked in my oven!
It was a four egg meringue and so Hubby and I had scrambled eggs for breakfast!


The point is, I have not scrapped the photo of the meringue yet - it will be creamed and piled with seasonal berries before served and photographed then. So for now these photo's will have to do....too hot to eat Plum Pudding in Tasmania at Christmas time - and meringue is traditional here now!

The Unstampabelles challenge is still running until the 28th December

3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Yummm.... Love meringues :D
Have a really Merry Christmas and a Fabulous New Year!

frommycraftroom said...

Merry Christmas to you, John and the family.

Yep sounds like me in December. Not quite finished yet - I still have today don't I? I am currently flitting between cleaning, cooking and craft in order of priority! You aren't surprised by that at all.

Gail said...

thank you for your kind words back in September when I was feeling pretty low - according to my husband I'm always like that in the Winter months - it just hasn't gone away this year.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.