Sunday 20 January 2019

Happy 2019 to all!

Hello - thought I should remind people I am about!

It has been a wonderful summer here in Lindisfarne to date - albeit with a few bushfires in the National Parks with smoky days and windy days thrown in. We need it to rain of course, but the garden is not doing too badly - we are lucky compared to the central and northern areas of Australia where the heat wave is bring temps of over 40 degree's day after day. As I write this it is currently 26 degrees here and that will probably be the maximum.  We have been quite social and visited friends and family and they have visited with us. 

This photo popped up in my Facebook feed and it intrigued me.
Are you the kookaburra or the snake?

This kookaburra caught himself a stokes sea snake. The food chain is alive and well!
Photo by Joey Jo Jo at Bushland Beach, Queensland | ABC Open


I have been cleaning up after the Christmas splurge and getting rid of stuff - interspersed with making something when I come across some item or similar that inspires me to have a go. Here are some of them made from Freebies and scraps:


Practicing with my SU watercolour pencils


Using the stamp block and some TH Distress ink and a spray bottle of water to create a background for the frog


Similar technique used below





Copic pens practice in colouring in


This ribbon came off a Christmas present (Dior perfume)



I liked this technique - the small embossing folder strip came with the stamp and this is three different parts of it highlighted with some sponged ink to show the images - cute huh?


I just embossed three bits of scrap SU Whisper White and after selecting the area I wanted, smooched some SU ink around with a sponge 


I have thrown out lots of magazines and collated the bits that I want to keep from the freebies but I still have a long way to go!

I have lots of SU stamp sets (old) that I want to get rid of so I might have a big sale here soon.

I have created some more space which is a good thing as my passion for buying craft stuff has not diminished!!! 

I might make something with the stash soon!!!
Until then - Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy New Year! And thanks for your lovely card with the kangaroo as reindeer! It's so fun and made me smile! :D
Lovely cards, great use of your stash, and especially love the way you used the embossing folder with the Japanese girl!!
Hugs

frommycraftroom said...

WOW you have been busy! The frog card is gorgeous. Love all the Japanese girls too! I seem to be in a constant need of tidying and purging! I think I'll wait til some go back to work/school here before I start.