Monday 10 August 2020

Awesome News! Challenge#103 at Unstampabelles

The current challenge theme at Unstampabelles is all about 

GOOD NEWS

and the TWIST for the challenge is to make your own background

I made another card this time

It's been a busy week really - Hubby had a stint in hospital with pneumonia and then there are al the follow up appointments and checks and stuff....

It gets a bit hard to fit everything in.

BUT.....

the good news is that he is doing OK!

There are many times when we hear good news but don't acknowledge it in any way except perhaps verbally to someone. To have a card to send or pass on acknowledging that the recipient is to be congratulated for this piece of news is a positive thing - the person has it to hold onto and perhaps display over time. 

My background was to create a quilted patchwork sheet
I started by selecting some papers that went together - these have a slightly male look to them I think.

I cut them into squares - mine are about 3.2 cm square
I placed them onto  the card in a pleasing pattern and then glued them into place, trimming the edges to create a card front.


This was the result


Then I used an embossing folder--this is the argyle pattern one from Stampin' Up.


You can see the pattern on the back of the sheet and then below on the front - 
it is quite subtle.


Then I just added the sentiment and mounted thefront piece onto a card blank.


The second half of my sentiment was computer generated. 
I should have possible used blue ink rather than black


It looks fresh and clean


What are you going to create here?

The theme is GOOD NEWS and that can be general or specific, right?

You have three weeks left to enter at Unstampabelles.



2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sorry for your hubby, but I'm glad to hear that all is going well for his health!!
Great design with your scraps, love the pattern and the embossing!
Hugs

frommycraftroom said...

Fab card. I might have some of that paper stashed away! Did you know you can match the RBY to your ink? If I can find the link I'll let you know.

Fingers crossed J stays in good health.