Monday 25 October 2021

Unstampabelles Challenge #116: Everyone has a Story

 Hello 

It's the last week for the Unstampabelles challenge 

#116: Everyone has a Story             

        

TWIST: use a page from a book somewhere in your piece

I created a card for this and it too tells a story about exploring - whether it be between the pages of a book where the ideas take you sailing away - or actually exploring other places.

I love exploring - even if it is the garden.

(Just a quick word - it was raining fit to bust last week when I made this card and I just opened the workshop door and propped the card up on some woodworking machinery in the light for the photographs. The garden outside the door looked amazing in the rain so I took a couple of quick photo's of that too - you cannot see the weeds!)

Some pink rhodo, red tulips and yellow orchids...plus a native daphne and a rose bush, along with some random other plants and cacti; and under the orchids next to the stairs, four tomato plants!

Anyway, back to exploring - I also explored Pinterest and saw this card and a series of others by the same artist, Birgit. I love her work and this card is similar to one of hers......

First I drew and cut our the sticky note to smooch the ink onto the card to create the shape I wanted - an open book or a big wave from the sea... then I sponged the ink where I wanted it to go. I cut out a cloud and edged it with ink as well 


I photocopied a page from the Penguin English Dictionary on travel and used part of this sheet under my topper on the card. I sponged ink onto that page as well. I diecut the word 'explore' and added it to the cloud and mounted the cloud onto the topper before adding my little metal yacht. It is so evocative and so simple. Love it.


Birgit used 'hello' but I tied it into my theme with explore....


My line is not as crisp as hers between the sea and sky but you get the idea



I was looking to add something else but realised that it needed nothing else to tell the story.

You can find the challenge over at Unstampabelles and you have five days to enter.


No comments: