Saturday 18 August 2018

A Male Card for Crafting with Dragonflies!

Hello Peeps!

How are you all travelling? I am as well as can be expected of someone my age and disposition, thanks. The weather makes it easy today - we have just had two days of good rain and today was warm, sunny and quiet. Everything is topsy-turvy: spring seems to be here already. My tulip bulbs got flooded yesterday and I had to tip the water off and bore holes into the sides of the tub to drain it better. I hope they all survive and don't rot!


My orchids are all in flower -some with two spikes or more. 
I divided them last year and now they have gone berserk!
I have given two plants away to friends already now I know what the flower are on them -every year I think I will label the containers but then I don't!



What I don't know is why one flower only here has a red tongue?


A quick snap of the afternoon in the bay.... the jasmine smells divine. 

Hilde wants us to make a male card - for Father's Day (in early September) or just for a male

I made a card for a friend's birthday but forgot to photograph it before I gave it to him!
Who else does that?



Anyhooo....I made another one similar to it. The interesting thing about the card was that I used an image off a wine bottle label - and it turns out I  had two of the same image. I have been playing with cutting up the labels lately and combining them with my stamps and stuff and I have had fun doing that. This card used a stamp that uses a quote from Christopher Columbus. The stamp is from LOTV: Life's Journey set. My friend is about to skipper a yacht home from Sydney and the weather forecast is not that good.......on the nose the whole way and heave-ho expected! An horizon would be good...


The background is from an SU stamp set Love What You Do  and I used TH Distress Oxide ink for that while the sentiment is in Momento Black. 


I added three little brown dots for interest and ran the ink pad around the edges of the card to delineate the mount. The image is popped up in dimensionals


Then it was added to a white card blank.

There you go - the original one has some blue twine on it as well so I must have made that one a tad bigger as there as no space for it on here!

Off now to Crafting with Dragonflies and see what else the team have devised for your enjoyment and then dive into the craft room and start creating up a storm!
Remember - it must be a card!






No comments: