Monday 27 August 2018

Repurposing an old box.......for Unstampabelles Challenge #84!

The current challenge at Unstampabelles is

 Emboss, emboss, emboss........



The TWIST is to make it for a male!

The Random Number Draw prize will be Stampin' Up's 


Remember - NO STAMPS PLEASE!

I had an idea in my head for such a long time and finally got to make it but I don't really have the ideal inks to do this stuff - I need more alcohol inks, I think. However, I made do with the TH Black Soot ink refill ink to get my black look.....

...warning, lots of photos

I used a sheet of Whisper White and a roll of Flashing Tape purchased for hardware store (Bunnings)


I added strips of tape to the white card


It is hard to get straight an at times it wrapped over the edge


Next I fossicked in my stash and found a cardboard box - small
It used to contain product from SU I think - looks like a small, fat pizza box


It is about 8.5 cm high and similar squareish


As I had to use the white card to let me emboss the tape, I then had to try and cut the pieces to fit and then stick them to the box rather than just sticking the tape directly to the box....
I used a Tim Holtz EF to get the top and top sides
I just left the rest as the tape has texture anyway


Once I had it (mostly) stuck down, I began to add some inks and metallic paints.
As I said before I used TH ink refill (Black Soot) and also Starlight Metalic Paints - pink and aqua/teal colours over the bronze
The ink was rubbed over last
When it was dry I buffed it with a tissue


I used two small EF's with sentiments on them to add the Happy Birthday strip and the For You tag



Hopefully this tickles your fancy!!!

You can enter your creation in our challenge HERE at Unstampabelles

We have had an exciting week - hubby wrote off his car on Tuesday (he is fine and so is the poor man who ran into his car; thank goodness for insurance!) so we went looking for a new one on Friday. We were only looking, not buying......however, we found a new Honda HRV with a great deal so it looks like we have purchased that! I will be doing the majority of the driving from now on so hopefully he will not damage it too much in the short term!

However, I feel a bit like our friend here - I want to roll up into a ball and keep everyone away with my spikes for a while!!!


A gorgeous young Echidna having a forage around the southeastern Tasmanian coastline.
www.instagram.com/danielvandphoto





1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful box for a male, love the metallic feel you have given to the cardboard with the tape and the lovely embossing!
The echidna looks so fun with his long nose! :D
Best wishes for your new car!