Wednesday 1 August 2018

Making Things for Others


Hello Peeps, welcome to August!

I hope the last few weeks have not been too stressful and for those of you suffering from heat stroke, this might cool you down! Tasmania has many mountains and central Tasmania is quite high - thus it gets snow in winter. If you walk the Overland Track in winter this is what you might encounter! Last week it was more likely to be this than the sunny day we had today! As long as there is no wind or rain it can be quite exhilarating!



Some days on the Overland Track trail the sun shines and the birds sing. Other days you get caught in a blizzard and ice sticks to the side of tree trunks ðŸ¤·


On days like this it can be quite a challenge but I assume that is why people do it
-  for the challenge!

Talking of challenges, we have a new challenge opening at Eclectic Ellapu and it is:

Friends from Afar

Anything crafty you have made and sent to a friend
in the past 12 months or plan to send in the next few months

Now I am full of good intentions but bad at actually completing the actions. 
I have many things half done ready for sending off and then I move onto something else and don't get back to complete the task.

Today I did complete something but it was in lieu of something else that is half done for this challenge - perhaps it might see the light of day one other time......

I have every intention of making lots of small bags and decorating them, filling them with Tassie goodies and posting them off! Another ambition. 

I saw somewhere someone cleverer than me had embossed the bags, and so I had a go as well.
I discovered that you need sturdy card to make these and emboss. They are not that big but they will take a few items


This embossing folder is a new one from SU
I just used it on the front panel


The sentiment is from a card pack from SU - Delightfully Detailed


The card that goes with it is made using some other items from this card pack
Very quick to put together

I will probably pop in some labels - similar to these made from another SU kit
Tags for presents are always needed, not only at Christmas time.


So, there you have it.

What do you post overseas or over land to friends who happen to be a bit far away?
We have family on the mainland and I have been known to put a handmade card in an envelope and then put it in a postbag to protect it!

Later I will share with you some of the things I have received from friends away over the past few weeks! You now who you are who have sent me stuff - I really appreciate them and enjoy the warm feelings that they inspire!

Don't forget to show us what you have done and share it for the challenge at 




1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely makes for Christmas, the bag is very elegant!
Hugs