Monday 6 August 2018

Double Embossing - wet and dry!

Hello Peeps,

Today is the first day of the new challenge over at Unstampabelles: I think you can guess what the challenge is about! I made a card but remember, you don't have to restrict yourself to a card.

The Challenge #82 

Emboss, emboss, emboss.......
Twist - make this for a male



I used one of my spellbinder's 3D M-Bossabilities folders called Tweets and Twigs to begin and embossed it onto black card but before I put it through the machine I smooched some blue ink onto the higher side of the folder - TH Distress Oxide China Blue.Ihad some trouble getting the sandwich right and so my blue is a bit hit and miss but I had already spoiled two other pieces of card so it had to do!


I then smoothed some Versa Mark over the top of the raised sections on the card and added some embossing powder - Stampendous Frantage - Aged Marine. You can see the outcome above -it looked good but was a little dark so I then smooched some gold Gilding Polish on top. It is hard to get this on only a little bit with the sponge so I ended up covering over the deep blue EP quite a bit. You can see above - but I still have great texture. 


I punched out a bird and branch using my old SU punch and painted the bird blue first. 


Then I used the old shaving brush to give a stipple effect using Starlight Topaz metallic paint.
The branch was just painted with the Topaz as is.......


Mounted on some gold and then onto a blank black card, I added some words (TH) and that was it!

I feel this card is one that is suitable for both a male and a female!

There you have it
A month to enter and we would love to see your work
Just remember, NO STAMPS please. 

I hear it has been pretty hot this summer in the northern hemisphere and winter has been quite mild here as well - today is a good example. It is about17 degrees, sunny with little wind and it feels more like Spring than the last month of winter!!!

This is the view from my craftroom window this afternoon.
The sun is streaming in te window as I key up this blog.


Spring flowers up and flowering already!




1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card and great techniques!! Love the effect of frantage on the embossing and the metallic paint!
Here in Italy the weather is very hot!! No wind and also nights are hot... :(