Monday 13 August 2018

Frame It Up!

Today I have a frame to showcase - it is for Unstampabelles and the current challenge of

Challenge#84: Emboss, emboss, emboss........

The TWIST is to make it for a male!

The Random Number Draw prize will be Stampin' Up's 


Remember - NO STAMPS PLEASE!


Here is something I framed earlier.....


I take the little one for a walk most days (or he takes me) and this day he was determined to catch the little finches in the tree. Rest assured I would not let him (and the birds know it) but there is no reason to tell him that and spoil his fun! He was so determined he climbed the tree with his lead on but he got stuck so this was him asking me to help him get out of the situation!

On with the frame - I created a frame for an image I have had from Darkroom Door for some time. I used a cardboard frame I purchased from a craft space bargain box (I got two) for $2 each.


Apparently it was over $6 before....


Unfortunately it was too big to go through my Big Shot so I had to cut it in half to get the embossing done. Although you can see it in the final piece, I think is was a good solution anyway.


Here it is embossed
The embossing folder was an M-Bossabilities one
Getting a sandwich that would work was tricky.......


I added some gold gilding paste with my finger and then smooched some TH Distress Faded Jeans ink around the frame.


I then took to the frame with the Versamark - you can see I am about due for a new one .....
and then wet embossed with clear EP.


I added the image to the inside sheet that came with the frame


I then added a sentiment to the top corner - not sure I should have added that but it is glued down so cannot remove it now.


The frame and image is definitely of male interest - my hubby immediately commented on it when it was finished. I think it was the Sunderland he was enamored with........


There is my Emboss inspiration for you......
The clear DP gives it more of a metallic look

You have three weeks to enter this challenge at 



2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing metallic look for your frame, great texture and shades with gold gilding paste and Distress inks, love so much the effect! No doubt that your hubby has loved it!!!
Lovely shot of Weasley on the tree! :D

frommycraftroom said...

A great look. You certainly are more mixed media then me!
I have a vision of Mr chasing the birds on his lead!