Saturday 2 April 2016

Babies and April - Crafting with Dragonflies latest challenge



The latest challenge over at Crafting with Dragonflies is all about babies - baby cards, that is!


I have only a few baby stamp sets, but this one - called Baby, We're Grown, by SU - took my fancy and so I used the sentiment and owls from this one. The cards, string and inks are all from SU as well. 


Don't they look cute?
I cioloured them up with Copics.


Specially for those who either don't go for the traditional or are not sure of the baby's gender!

I made a second one just because when I saw something similar on Pinterest I had to have a go as well - it is nothing like the original now, though: do you find that happens? Go to Pinterest for inspiration, and then go sideways while you are making it?


Again, all SU card except for the onesie which is cut from a scrap of Bazzil. The sentiment comes from a very, very old SU set, and the plastic button was from a packet of el cheapo's I got from a $2 shop, and have NEVER USED until now! Must be at least 5 years old. 


So, hope you like them!

Don't forget to go over to Crafting with Dragonflies to see what else has been produced and enter your card into the challenge!

I will enter these into the following:
Creative Fingers: Anything Goes with the owl card
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards: Spring - owl card
Simply Papercraft: Anything Goes - owl card





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great non pink/blue baby cards. I like the addition of the button - I don't want to think how old some of my supplies are! Do you have trouble with the "hello" die - I find I need to run mine through 2 or 3 times to get a good cut. Perhaps my machine needs a tuning?

anncreatief said...

Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at CC&CC
Hugs Anneke

EdenLand Designs said...

I love these cards!! Fabulous creations for a gender neutral baby card. I, too have, "a few" supplies that I have had for eons, and never used. I get into an organizing mood, and that's when I find all the treasures I forgot I had :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Creative Fingers this time around!
Susan DT