Sunday 4 September 2016

Crafting with Dragonflies asks for a musical opus please!

You read that right - this fortnight the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies is asking us to add a music theme to our card making. 

I have a wonderful Granddaughter turning 13 about now, and she is a great lover of her cat Zap and her music, as well as Netball. We are all very proud of her as she not only does well, she tries hard also and so her great results are in a direct relationship to her efforts.



Happy Birthday Lily

When making this I had to bear in mind only one thing 
NO PINK!
The litany ran through my brain all the time I was making it "No pink....don't use pink...is that pink? God, I hope not...not pink....". 

I did say she was 13, and black seems to be a colour much liked by people of that age.....


I used a NEW stamp set (from Paperific - I did mention I went, didn't I?) by Tim Holtz - Crazy Cats
I coloured it with Copics and fussycut it out, and put it up with dimensionals.
The eyes are touched with Wink of Stella for a bit of shine.


The background is a play with some new colourbursts - also got at Paperific: I went, you know - and the bit of the A4 sheet that wasn't background was used to die cut the music bits. I also did some stamping direct to the paper - fishbones and music. 


The sentiment was printed off into some paper, glued to card, and then cut out into strips and inked. I used SU inks, and also ran around the edges of the base as well.


I also purchased some foils and glue at Paperific......and I tried them out too, but not that successfully. There is a bit of shine on some of the notes, but I rapidly gave up as i didn't want to ruin my creation.

I love that saying - so suitable for a teenager - but I do hope the miseries are minimized both for her and her family! Hopefully Zap the giant cat will continue to boss her around and her music sustain her through the hard times - oh, and books, lots of books - did I say she is a reader?

So, there it is - and there is NO PINK ON THAT CARD!
Well,, there may be a little bit on the cat........

Where is your card for this fortnight's challenge at 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Hope Lily had a fab birthday. The black faze does hang about for a few years! hopefully Lily and her family sail through the teenage years.