Wednesday 30 January 2019

Roses are still Blooming

Even tough it is mid January, roses are coming into a final last flush again. In the funny, smoky red sunlight today, mine looked amazing. All the colours of the flowers in the garden seem enhanced in this strange orange haze. I didn't take any photo's of them though as they are getting a bit passed it.....


The view outside last night - the smoke was so thick. 


My two tuberous Begonias - so pleased they flowered again this year. Isn't that yellow intense. 

A friend's brother passed away so I had to make a sympathy card
I used the new SU Climbing Roses set to create this but the rectangles were non SU (Scrap Dragon and an old Nellies)) and this trellis is from Memory Box. I used the SU markers to colour this with as well and there is some die cutting and some fussy cutting involved as well. 


There is also some layering up


The die set has a trellis in it but it is quite big gaps so I used this one instead for this piece


After the sadness, a happy picture of the Beast recovering on the couch from a big game hunt where he actually got a baby bird. He was pee'd off because I took it away from him and actually bit me - we had severe words as a result! Don't think he was that scared by the threats of retribution..........


Naughty Mr Weasley!

3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So beautiful card, very elegant and delicate. Lovely photo of your kitty, it seems so sweet but reading your words he isn't :) Poor baby bird...

Susan Hogan said...

Yes, he is a cat I am afraid but a sweet cat in lots of ways. Very smoochy in the mornings - when he isn't biting me!! He had bought us a lot of enjoyment and entertainment over the past year.

frommycraftroom said...

Beautiful card. Hope the weather is improving and the fires are now out.