Monday 18 February 2019

Back after a Quick Trip to Melbourne....

.....to celebrate an 80th Birthday and a 50th Birthday and visit with family. We didn't fly this time but took the boat (ferry) which meant driving to the other end of the island and catching it at Devonport. It was a very hot trip. We dropped the cat off and visited with family on the way and then caught the ferry across over night. It was a bit rough but we were OK in our cabin.


This is in the old port in Melbourne (actually taken on the way back) but our ferry is on the LHS out of the photo - this has been left as tribute to the sailing history of ships to and from Melbourne and replaced with new facilities (away on the right out of the shot).  You can see a  cargo ship leaving in the distance of Port Phillip Bay.


The four neighbours who grew up together at Glen Iris.
The chap on the right is the youngest (under 80)
the Birthday girl is in the middle and it was her 80th birthday!
John (hubby) and his sister are the other two


On the day we returned we went for a long drive before hand and had lunch at a place down the Mornington Peninsular called Mt Martha. It was a very hot day. We wandered down to the beach after lunch and while John stayed in the car I braved the HOT sand and photographed the famous boat sheds!


Weasley was very clingy when we got home - he has taken to sleeping on me in the evening again. 
Claws are usually not too far out!

I have a piece of inspiration to share for 

A photograph of Hettie singing in Germany popped up in my feed a few weeks ago and then while I was cleaning out my work space I found this photo  - I quickly decided to scrap it and so I looked for some thing Bright and Cheerful to use.

I found a set of emphemera from D'Lish  - a boy's set of rockets and space stuff; I used some of it





When I showed her the FB post from 4 years ago her response was "My first overseas tour!". Now, how many of us can say that at the ripe old age of 23? 


It was a lovely photograph and it appeared in a newspaper in Bremen as well as being on their website which is how I got it. 

Layout is simple and clean

You can create for Unstampabelles too as there are two weeks to go for the challenge!





2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing photos and big congrats to Hettie and for the birthday of your neighbour! Great layout for Hettie!
Poor Weasley, perhaps he thought to be abandoned :D
Hugs

frommycraftroom said...

Amazing to remain friends for so long. Great you could help celebrate.
It has been cooler here in Melbourne this week. Great pics.
Lovely layout.