Monday 25 February 2019

Mindfulness and Unstampabelles

The first challenge at Unstampabelles this month was to be:


#86:Simply Bright and Cheerful 
TWIST Arty Creations Appreciated


 $15 Gift Voucher 
(via PayPal or direct to on-line store, whichever suits)

What is not more Bright and Cheerful than an amazing sunrise!


from Wineglass Bay as the sun rises covering the Freycinet Peninsula in golden light 
thanks to Denham and Annie Thompson 

I decided to make a card using a Mindfulness pattern I had previously coloured in using ordinary pencils. I was given a booklet of  various patterns and the pencils for my birthday last year by a friend. I was not sure if I was being told I need to chill or it was just all the range at the time. 

I chose to think it was the latter but did get pretty chilled colouring them in. 
What does one do with them then?

This perhaps.....


An experiment to foil directly onto the thin paper - it tended to cut as I was using s shim and put it through several times. Note: does not need to go through too often when paper is thin.....


It foiled OK but the hole had to be plugged again and several of the scrolls are 'loose'...


After chopping off the unwanted bits, I added them back inside - a bit arty?


I then doodled some lines into the white space....


In full sun


Outside in shade - the foiling is harder to read on the busy background
I did think of foiling it onto card and fussy cutting around it but thought it would be a bit too clunky.

Might go and colour in some more now....

Why not enter Unstampabelles and show us what you can do that is 
Bright and Cheerful ...and ARTY!



1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful tangled background, lovely colours! The shining sentiment looks so pretty!