Monday 4 February 2019

Welcome to February!

Happy Valentine's Day

While not celebrated traditionally in Australia it is gradually gaining more traction....this is a truly Tasmanian take on the occasion. Fairy Penguins nest in many places around the island coastline.
.
These two come from the North West Coast. 

Fairy kisses from #86little penguins.
A little bit (a lot actually) of cuteness overload from Tassie north-weat coast thanks to Jamie Richey.
www.instagram.com/richeyjtas


Hello Peeps - today I am showcasing a new project made for my Unstampabelles Challenge blog. The theme for the challenge (and the twist) is:

#86:Simply Bright and Cheerful 
TWIST Arty Creations Appreciated

This could be for Valentines or for any other special occasion

There will be a prize for this month
I will offer a $15 Gift Voucher 
(via PayPal or direct to on-line store, whichever suits)

I decided if it was to be Arty, then PAINT was involved, so I got out my Dylusional Paints - yummy - and began!

WARNING: photo heavy!


I keep a scrap book of interesting (to me) images and instructions to keep my mojo in good order!
This image of the flower from hearts on a tag was the starting point I used to make my tag...


I was given a new type of garlic crusher (beats my old smooth stone) for Christmas and it was attached to this big piece of cardboard. I painted it with heavy white Gesso. The crusher, by the way, works well!


While that was drying, I got out the Dylusions and covered a sheet of heavy White card (SU), using a variety of methods. When it dried I sprayed water on it as well. I mooshed up several colours. 


The card with the gesso did not dry as fast as I wanted it to so I had a go with the heat gun and the paint bubbled! I decided I really liked that so kept on doing it all over. Once it really was dry, I sponged blue paint over the top allowing some white to show through.


I used a stencil (these all come from D'Lish) and some Texture Paste to add some additional texture


Meanwhile I had punched out some flowers from the painted card and some leaves from the green bit - it was still a bit wet when I started some leaves and I had to stop and wait to get a good crisp punched outline.



 I had cut some stalk strips too and some grass. I drew the grass first and fussy cut! I was having a great time!!



I painted a yellow circle in the middle of the punched flowers and used a black fine pen to go around that. I used white ink in the same way - a fine paintbrush and a dab!


I arranged the flowers and the grass in a similar way to my inspiration piece. I added some yellow ribbon and some text. This was printed off my computer and glued with double sided jac paper before being cut up and then stuck onto the tag. 


I like the rustic feel! 
I had also painted the back with white gesso and when it dried I then 
added some paper so that I could write a message on it. 

Also the recipient can then take the message off and 
restick a new sheet and then reuse the tag!


 I didn't shape the flowers as I wanted it to look a bit flat.


 I did add some glitter glue to the yellow centres but it is very hard to see
- this is the best I can do...







3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely mixed media tag, great recycling of the cardboard and love the bright colours!

Wynn said...

Fabulous tag Susan and very creative. I think you’ve enjoyed creating this. I love the story of your make too. Sounded like me can’t wait fir stuff to dry!!! 😉 Wynn x

Pink Panoply said...

Wow, Susan, this tag is gorgeous and truly arty. I love the stenciled gesso background and your flowers are beautiful. Very creative card. xo