Tuesday 6 August 2019

Coffee in the Garden?

Hello Peeps
Yes, I am running behind again.

It has been an eventful few weeks. 
A few weeks ago now, my brother was diagnosed with a brain tumor; he was operated on and
is now in rehab getting better quickly.

My hubby has also  had several small medical procedures
There have been a few other things also - nothing major - but they take up time
and cause a bit of stress.

So, now there is free air!
BREATHE

I did finally get a card made for the first challenge at 


Challenge #92: Tea in the Garden 
TWIST Watercolour Wonders



I scrabbled through my stash and landed on this sheet of garden images, a companion background piece and some cork sentiment stickers and images.


The image looks as if it has been watercoloured in
- that was as close as I got this time to the TWIST
I die cut the image with an SU die square 
and the green card with another one of the dies from this set by SU.

I glued the image onto white card to back it and then added ink to the edges
It is mounted on dimensionals onto the green mount and that is mounted onto the background DP, 
which has also been inked in green ink.


My bulbs are all coming up atm and there is even a flower head here and there.
However, the lovely lot of flowers I had planted in the old wheelbarrow were treated as a buffet by the possums and so I had to remove them and replanted them into a tub on the carport.

This photo was taken before they were planted into the barrow. 
Polyanthus and pansies for some winter colour.
The possum particularly liked the pansy flowers!!!!



So then I purchased lots of succulents and planted them in the wheelbarrow instead!
Let's see the possoms eat those spiny, prickly things!
So far, so good. 


I have over a 100 bulbs in this garden as well as some rose bushes, some rock roses (hellebore) and some natives. The pittosporum tree takes all the water and goodness out if I am not careful. The light green is not weed - it is where I spilled a packed of Sweet Alice (Alyssum) seeds by accident. They were meant to be broadcast over the bed but they are just congregated on one place now. 

My workspace is just behind that curtained window.


When I take a break from crafting, 
I will be sitting on those steps in sunshine, 
drinking coffee and enjoying my garden in spring!



Enjoy your coffee time!

2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card, so sweet!!
Great idea putting the flowers in the wheelbarrow !
Hugs

Wynn said...

Love your garden Susan. We miss our Cyprus garden. It was very big and had many fruit trees. Where we are now it’s just a few pots. Like the idea of sitting there in the sunshine drinking coffee. Wynn xx