Monday 19 August 2019

Time for a Break gift bag

The post is all about a Time for a Break Gift Bag project. 



I made this for week three over at Unstampabelles, where the 

Challenge#92 is 

Tea in the Garden
with a  TWIST to use some watercolouring somewhere.......

I raided the stash again - it feels so good to use up stuff - and found some papers from a magazine with a gardening theme reflected on them. 

I took to them with my trusty sharp scissors and did a little (very) fussy cutting


The I die cut out a piece of white card and smooched some ink onto my silicon sheet, and hit the two spots with some water from the spray bottle.


Two or three swipes across the cad had created a w/c background


While this was drying, I cut som strips of paper up and created a ladder stand for myself
which I then glued onto the background piece.


I added some other bits from my fussy cutting - a potplant, some gloves and boots - and repurposed the watering can into a mug of tea/coffee........the heat rising is from my black pen....I also outlined the mug in black pen to make it stand out more. 
I arranged them onto a card blank, with the seed packet cutouts behind to frame it and then glued this card onto the reused white gift bag.


The bag is big enough for some gloves, a mug for outside and some seeds to plant - a gift for my brother's 70th birthday which is coming up soon.
Hopefully he will be able to use them in his garden once the radiation treatment is over.


By adding a complete card, I can write a message inside it and I don't then have to provide another card. It will be all in one!

I drew around the edge of the yellow card piece, and I hand wrote the sentiment. 
It will indeed be time for a break by then for him!


Hope you like it. 
Cheers, 

1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card for your brother, so sweet and full of details! Great that it can decorate the upcycled bag, so it's perfect for your gift!