Monday 16 December 2019

Starry, Starry Night: Challenge#96 for Unstampabelles

Hello Peeps!


Hope you are all travelling well?
I am seriously better now although still quite tired at times
My word being ill is not for Sissies, is it!
So, with my Big Girl pants firmly in place, I have entered the craft space again.....

The middle of the December challenge at 

Unstampabelles

Star Struck Starry Night 
TWIST Use Sparkle Pens and/or Glues
(or make it sparkly!)

is here and I have created a gift bag - one of a few I need in the next week or two.
Wonder why?

Do you ever get beautiful Christmas cards and think they are too good to throw away?
Each year I carefully cut them up and put them away until next year.
Every year I pull out last year's cards and wonder what I can do with them.....
Sometimes I recycle them into new cards.....
Sometimes I use them for tags....
Lately I have been using them on recycled bags for gift bags....


The white bag was given to me with a purchase at some time - 
it is a bit thin so I added a background gold card
before I added the reused card front


This card was so pretty and has so much gold embossed onto it I could not throw it away


I added some bits of bling, a die cut gold star and the ribbon tie


Then I remembered the TWIST
use pens or glues to create more sparkle


So I added dabs of Stickles to some of the stars and made it even more sparkly.

It will not take a big weight but it will handle a book or calendar or coffee mug.

What are you making for this challenge?
You have until midnight on the 27th to enter

2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a wonderful gift bag, very elegant! Great recycling!

frommycraftroom said...

Love your upcycling. I keep the card fronts too mind find a new home with the local kinder or neighbourhood house.
Hope you are up and running again soon - not good to be low on energy at the best of times but when you have expectations at this time of year it certainly isn't any good.