Monday 6 January 2020

Thanks is such a simple word!

Thanks to the Firies and all the work they have been doing for the last three months. Thanks to the people who gave up their Christmas and New Year to help others. Thanks to all Volunteers everywhere. Thanks to the Armed Forces for being there too now and helping. Thanks to the ones out there trying to save our beautiful wildlife. Thanks to the ones at home caring for the sick animals and babies animals. Thanks too to all the Nurses and Paramedics and Doctors for going above and beyond day after day.

There is so much to be thankful for at the moment.



Thankful Tassie is being spared most of the heat and wind and fires
although as I key up this post the air outside is overcast with smoke
blown in from over Bass Strait and from local fires.
We need a good shower of rain to wash the sky clear again.
If it wasn't 30 degrees C outside I would think it looked like a cold winter's day.

So, I made a Thanks card

I chose to work in the colours of a summer rain storm
Hopefully we will see one or two of them this year.


I was half way through when I realised I need to take photo's!

This is when I was making a flower 
You can see the sheet the flowers were die cut from 
I had fun playing with powdered inks and water sprays to create this sheet and my flower has a beautiful sheen on it as a result. 


I started with these three for the base card


I added in the Prussian Blue for the flower sheet


You can see the base card above, with a die cut - it is a sheet of w/c card cold pressed
My flower was also give some foliage using SU Blueberry Bushel card


Once I had all the bits I put it together. 
The SU BB card went behind the die cut and the flower was then added, with it's foliage
Plus some bling!


I then added this topper to a blank card

I used

Spellbinders  Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Blooms Three (S2-046)
for the flowers
Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz Alterations Mixed Media 2 (661185)
for background swirls
Watercolour card
White card blank
Elizabeth Craft Designs: Leafy branch 2 (1315);
Pair of leaves 1 (1314)
Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder: Rich Gold; Peppermint; Teal Wash
Brusho's Prussian Blue

You have a month to enter Bizzy Bec's challenge
Anything Goes!





1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I pray for some rain in your zone, in Australia e New Zeland. It's horrible what happened and hope that the fires were finally stopped and wildlife could grow again. Prayers for all who have suffered and for those that lost their life.
Your card really shows the love you put in. Fabulous work of Art!!
Hugs and Happy 2020, I wish it will take hope and peace.