Monday 3 February 2020

Unstampabelles Challenge #97: Who am I?

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new followers who are not trying to lure me into a sex group or sell me anything! Anyone else getting some unwelcome members to their blog? If so, how can I stop this? Do you know? I am not interested in anyone else's sex life or in purchasing dodge items.

If you are a new follower who is interested in seeing my craft projects and reading my various blog rantings, then you are indeed welcome.

Now, the blog Unstampabelles has a new challenge

As a DT member (and owner) of this blog I have made a piece for this challenge

#97: Who am I? (Must be Positive) 

Create something that reflects who you are..........

TWIST....use bright colours
and/or explain a bit about yourself and why you created this piece.
(Remember: to be eligible for DT Favorite you should attempt the twist.)

Now, why did I create this particular piece?


The answer is - for fun!

It is a funny representation of Me
My curly hair, my gold earings, my baggy clothes and shorts, my knobbly knees!
Definitely NOT me when it comes to size - I am about x3 wider than this!
Artistic Licence!

I have joined Wanderlust 2020 - an on-line multimedia art class
The first three lessons were about  making a portrait of yourself and family members.
It has meant I have seriously attempted to draw/paint myself a lot over the last three weeks 
so this piece was just for fun!

I decided to make a tag, so found a big TH/Ranger tag to start.


Then I gathered up some bits and pieces that I thought I could use
from the various piles of stash surrounding my working space.
The page from the book was a failed attempt to use this with a gel plate - it has some paint on it though and was dry so I just began to draw on it with the charcoal pencil 
still on my desk from the portrait work.

I also had a piece of yellow card from which an oval had been cut
plus some other cardboard  -  I decided to pull off one layer to show the inside of this.
To this pile I added a piece of computer printer paper which contained 
a mono print from some gel plate work last year.


I then grabbed my Illusion paints and, used an old bent plate from the Bigshot as a pallet,
I painted the figure with some bold, bright colours to suit the TWIST.
I also used some gold on the earings but didn't want to waste the paint on the brush so added highlights to her hair


I painted the fluted cardboard blue with some orange bits too - and punched a circle out of some poster paper with old Italian writing on it - probably Michelangelo......(us famous artist should stick together) - and added some left over ink to this to make it fit the colour scheme.

Once I had created my doll, I glued her (me) to a strip of card and when dry, cut her out and added her to the cardboard as shown. It is all just layered up on the tag.
I wrote the words BE YOU in pencil first and then used a Jane Davenport paint pen to create the sentiment - I should have painted it pink first or let it dry but I didn't. I used another paint pen from JD for this as well as the top of the tag.


Some ribbon and some bling were added at the end.


I guess I am saying, don't look like me but like me, just have fun with your craft.
Be who you are - not who others are trying to make you be through their comments or rules.
I love playing with my paints and inks and papers, but I will never by a Michelangelo. 

It doesn't matter. 
Be yourself and have fun. 

Let's see what you make for this challenge!







3 comments:

Wynn said...

Fabulous tag Susan. Bright and cheerful just like you!! W x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun tag! Great humorous way to represent yourself! :D

frommycraftroom said...

I can see the likeness! Love your hair.

Totally agree be yourself and enjoy your creativity. I'm certainly not a Michelangelo either! Sounds like a fun course too. You are always stretching yourself by learning more.