Wednesday 5 February 2020

A Little Birdie......for Bizzy Bec's new challenge

Hello Peeps - welcome to February!

So glad to see you all....
I was sorting out my stamps the other day
 (as one does when nothing else will come that is creative) and found
I have a lot of Dark Room Door Stamps; but they are either older ones or 
random ones from their $50 packs.

I found I had three repeat stamps (unused) 

You are One in a Melon - sentiment and image
a book pile from Book Worm set
A sentiment regarding women and teabags.......

(Happy to pass them on for the cost of postage plus $5Aust each - 
just email me suhoganatgmaildotcom with address and Paypal access)

I have now stamped onto a cover sheet and inserted it into the box so 
I can see at a glance what is there....


I decided to use the frame stamp for a card 

for Bizzy Bec's latest challenge
which is always 

"Anything Goes"

I wanted to block in some colour, so I stamped the frames onto white card and 
then used the same ink to stamp onto a post-it note.



I carefully cut out the squares by hand
This gadget fits over my middle finger and makes cutting easy


Once I removed the pieces, I placed it over my stamped image
Being a post-it, it stayed in place but I did carefully hold it which working next


Using my applicator, I rubbed some Oxide ink in graduation colours onto the shapes


Then I stamped some images I have from the set 

I don't have this set - just some pieces from it


I found some old stash (remember this?) and matched it with another TH ink pad
Then I didn't take another photo until I had completed the card
I realized I needed the orange stuff to hide a mistake - can you see it?


An easy card to send to a friend when you just want to say hello
or when you are concerned/happy/inquisitive......


I used my newly acquired Copic white ink to whiten up the eggs and the birds eye


You can see the error a bit better here......upside down acrobatic bird.......


I wrote in this blog that I had some old DRD sets in tins 
and a comment was made about the tins....

Here they are.

So - I used the following to complete this card


ripe persimmon, fossilized amber, wild honey, crushed olive

Card by Stampin' Up 
Other - from my stash


Don’t forget to play along in our current challenge.
 The theme is always 'Anything Goes' 
and you could win five digis of your choice.  
For more inspiration follow us over at Instagram at BizzyBec3

2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful design and birds!

frommycraftroom said...

A great card.
White copic marker? Do I need one of those?

Re-organising and sorting stash is a constant job! It's like housework you no longer complete the task and needs to be done again! although this is a much more enjoyable task than housework!